FIND OUT MORE
How much will it cost? How does it work? What do I need? Learn more with a brief call or email. We will never share your contact information with anyone, for any reason.
of transports can be performed
without a gurney.
In 2017, one study of over 39,000 users of NEMT reported that only 3.9 percent of transports required a stretcher.
- With no vertical lifting and reducing the transfer weight, the entire transfer process is safer for both passengers and providers. No-lift NEMT reduces risk, liability, and most of all, provides a safer environment overall. Using a WC19 crash-tested wheelchair with equipped with safety harnesses, prevents passengers from falling out of the wheelchair or being dropped during transfers or while loading and unloading into a vehicle.
2 More Efficient
- With a Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19), a roll board and No-lift NEMT process, moving a patient becomes quick and efficient. The No-lift NEMT process will accommodate ambulatory, all wheelchair transports and 95% of gurney scheduled transports.
3 More Comfortable
- For patients and passengers, No-lift NEMT is pampering at its best. Transports can be uncomfortable and undignified for some passengers. One of the chief aims of No-lift NEMT is to restore more dignity to patients requiring transporation in a wheelchair or gurney. With no lifting required, patients are moved gently and respectfully from their beds to a state-of-the-art Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19) in the No-lift NEMT process. Once in the Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19), passengers can be transported upright and facing forward in the vehicle. The chair’s incredible versatility, tilt-in-space, and reclining options allows providers to configure the chair and position the passengers in the best seating for comfort.
4 More Profitable
- No-lift NEMT is less expensive than traditional systems of transport. Here’s where NEMT providers will see the biggest savings:
- Insurance Costs: No-lift NEMT eliminates risk of injury and reduces both workers comp and general and professional liability claims, to both passengers and providers.
- Payroll: No-lift NEMT reduces the staff required for each transfer allowing transport companies to perform more transfers with less staff.
- Vehicle Costs: No-lift NEMT also allows for less expensive fleets. With the Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19), transports can be accomplished with a rear-entry vehicle, like a converted minivan, reaping big savings on both vehicle and fuel costs. In fact, the savings in the vehicle purchase price alone can cover the cost of all the tools involved in the No-lift NEMT process, including the cost of the Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19).
5 More Dignified
- Elderly and disabled passengers are already in a vulnerable position and need extra care. Why should so many passengers and providers undergo cumbersome wheelchair and gurney transports? With No-Lift NEMT passengers can easily be moved into a fully-reclining wheelchair, riding upright with all the safety of a WC19-compliant and crash-tested wheelchair. Somehow in caring for our own, we’ve taken shortcuts and settled for the status quo, not knowing an opportunity for a better way existed. No-lift NEMT brings dignity, respect, comfort and safety to medical transportation.
6 More Access to Care
- Studies have shown that patients or individuals who are bed bound or confined to wheelchairs can have difficulty receiving the care they need. Missed medical appointments are a significant obstacle to patient care. There is a direct link to patient health and reliable medical transportation. The No-Lift NEMT process removes real barriers preventing patients from getting the care they need.
7 More Compliant
- WC19 is a safety standard for crash protection in wheelchairs. Similar to the legal requirements that all states and territories have adopted regarding the safety of child seats in motor vehicles, WC19 establishes design requirements, test procedures, and performance requirements for wheelchairs to travel safely in a vehicle. Unlike child seat regulations, however, the WC19 standard is currently voluntary. No-Lift NEMT is a process which allows providers to successfully implement WC19 into nearly all NEMT trips, today.
The Benefits of a New Generation of Transport
Discover the safest and easiest way to transport patients who are at risk for falling or who are dependent on a wheelchair or gurney.
- Over 95% of NEMT transports did not require a gurney in one NIH study.
- Passengers in standard wheelchairs are 45x more likely to be injured in a crash or non-crash incident than non-wheelchair passengers.
- 2-person transfer, 1-person transport respectively to passengers needs.
- Fully-reclining option allow for lateral transfer, reducing injury risk, patient drops and falls.
- WC19-compliant, crash tested and designed to be used in a motor vehicle.
- Recline and tilt to comfort allows you to position to the passengers individual needs.
- Engineered to reduce slipping, sliding and falling out of wheelchairs during transfer and transport.
- Allows patients to sit up and face forward in a vehicle.
- Acceptable for ambulatory, wheelchair, and 95% of gurney-scheduled transports.
- Patients able to sit upright in bed they do not require a gurney and better suited for No-lift NEMT
- Patients not able to sit up for extended periods of time in a standard wheelchair can now go in a Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19)
- No-Lift NEMT will allow you to optimize your transports with one driver, one vehicle, and one Broda® Synthesis Transport (WC19)
- Our No-Lift NEMT process is all around an easier, safer, more efficient, more comfortable, and more than compliant process.
- Achieve up to 50% savings in payroll alone with a one-person transport process for gurneys and wheelchairs.