The Broda® Synthesis WC19-compliant Chair
The Broda® Synthesis Chair revolutionizes the way healthcare workers and transport providers can think of basic medical transport.
The Synthesis Transport Chair allows for safe patient transport in an accessible vehicle with the ability to keep the individual in the same chair for care and transport. The amount of transfers is reduced increasing the overall comfort and safety for both the individual and the caregiver.
Offering outstanding benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Synthesis Transport Chair is ideal for:
- Transporting residents to appointments or outings.
- Improved posture, breathing, feeding, and overall comfort.
- Fall prevention and Safe patient handling.
- Accommodating hyperextension.
- Changing incontinence products without transferring from the chair.
- Vehicle Transportation with an occupant.
- Individuals requiring Moderate to Advanced levels of nursing care.
- Severe Agitation and Involuntary Movement.
For facility use:
Broda’s unique Comfort Tension Seating® system provides pressure redistribution and air flow for increased sitting comfort and support. The Synthesis Transport Chair features up to 40° of infinitely adjustable seat tilt and up to 90° of infinitely adjustable back recline, as well as Trendelenburg positioning that provides safe and comfortable positioning without the use of restraints. Our front pivot seat tilt helps maintain patient’s line of vision while tilted to allow for socializing, helping improve quality of life.
Available in both rear caster or rear or mid-mount mag wheel configurations in up to 24″ seat width and 350 lb. weight capacity, the Synthesis Transport Chair meets the WC19 full compliance standards. The WC19 Wheelchair standards are put forth by the American National Standards Institute / Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (ANSI / RESNA) and tested by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).
- Comfort Tension Seating®
- Removable Height and Width Adjustable Upper Laterals (Wings)
- Up to 40° Infinitely Adjustable Seat Tilt
- Up to 90° Infinitely Adjustable Back Recline
- Trendelenburg Capable
- Height Adjustable, Swing Away Removable Arms
- Elevating and Articulating Legrest
- 2 x 5″ Total Lock Front Casters
- 2 x 6″ Rear Multi-Directional Locking Casters
- 350lb Weight Capacity
Broda® vs Gurney
Gurneys are for emergencies, Brodas are for NEMT
What a Broda® Synthesis chair offers that a gurney does not:
- Significantly increased safety for everyone (patients, transporter/transferer and company.)
- Increased comfort and greater clinical benefits for passenger and patients.
- Increased efficiency
- 25% to 50% savings on payroll or out-sourced transports.
Since 95% of patients scheduled for a non-emergency gurney transport can sit up in a hospital bed, they can transport on the Broda® Synthesis chair. Why transport any other way?