The Broda® Synthesis Chair revolutionizes the way caregivers can think of basic medical transport.
The Synthesis Transport Chair allows for safe patient transport in an accessible vehicle with the ability to keep the individual in the same chair for care and transport. The amount of transfers is reduced increasing the overall comfort and safety for both the individual and the caregiver.
Offering outstanding benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Synthesis Transport Chair is ideal for:
• Transporting residents to appointments or outings.
• Improved posture, breathing, feeding, and overall comfort.
• Fall prevention and Safe patient handling.
• Accommodating hyperextension.
• Changing incontinence products without transferring from the chair.
• Individuals requiring Moderate to Advanced levels of nursing care.
• Severe Agitation and Involuntary Movement.
• Vehicle Transportation with an occupant.
For facility use:
Broda’s unique Comfort Tension Seating® system provides pressure redistribution and air flow for increased sitting comfort and support. The Synthesis Transport Chair features up to 40° of infinitely adjustable seat tilt and up to 90° of infinitely adjustable back recline, as well as Trendelenburg positioning that provides safe and comfortable positioning without the use of restraints. Our front pivot seat tilt helps maintain patient’s line of vision while tilted to allow for socializing, helping improve quality of life.
Available in both rear caster or rear or mid-mount mag wheel configurations in up to 24″ seat width and 350 lb. weight capacity, the Synthesis Transport Chair meets the WC-19 full compliance standards. The WC19 Wheelchair standards are put forth by the American National Standards Institute / Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (ANSI / RESNA) and tested by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).
Clinical & Mechanical Features
Comfort Tension Seating®
Removable Height and Width Adjustable Upper Laterals (Wings)
Up to 40° Infinitely Adjustable Seat Tilt
Up to 90° Infinitely Adjustable Back Recline
Height Adjustable, Swing Away Removable Arms
Elevating and Articulating Legrest
2 x 5″ Total Lock Front Casters
2 x 6″ Rear Multi-Directional Locking Casters
350lb Weight Capacity
Premium Broda® Upgrades (Included)
- 20″ Advanced Positioning Padding (APP)
- ABS Footrest
No-lift NEMT®-only Upgrades (Included)
- Flared armrests to allow a 20″ wide seat on an 18″ wheelbase. This maximizes patient seating area while still allowing the chair to fit through narrow doorways.
- Flared rear handle to allow storing a 20″ Samarit SMART Rollbord on the back of the chair.
- Oxygen holder.